How to switch off Airplane Mode in Windows 10: Many times, Windows 10 users are unable to enable or disable the airplane mode won t turn off on their PC. When consumers updated from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10, this problem was discovered in many systems. So, if you’re not familiar with the concept of airplane mode won t turn off, let’s go through what it is and how it works.
In turn off airplane mode windows 10 is a feature included in all editions of Windows 10 that allows users to quickly turn off all wireless connections on their machine. You may have also come across the term “Airplane mode” on your smartphone. This function was created for when you want to swiftly turn off everything linked to a wireless connection with a single click, rather than scrounging here and there to manually shut down each of the connectivity features while flying.
Cellular data, Wi-Fi/Hotspot, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, and other wireless connections are all turned off with a single touch. In this post, you’ll learn how to turn off airplane mode on laptop, as well as how to fix the problem of not being able to turn it off in Windows 10Should your laptop gets stuck in this mode, then it can be a real pain. Here’s how a fix it when airplane mode won’t turn off dell.
What’s Airplane or flight mode?
With Windows 8, the airplane mode won t turn off was added for the first time. The Airplane mode does nothing but switches off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth at the same time. The Airplane or flight mode on a smartphone disables Wi-Fi, mobile network, FM radio, and Bluetooth connections all at once.
Although the airplane mode won t turn off is a useful function in Windows 10, the problem with this feature is that it might be difficult to turn off at times. Yes, clicking the Airplane tile in the Action Center should switch off the mode when it’s on, although this doesn’t always happen on Windows 10.
Another issue with this function is that even after disabling the cant turn off airplane mode windows 10, the Airplane symbol remains in the system tray on the taskbar. In other words, the airplane mode won t turn off icon, which displays when the Airplane mode is turned on, refuses to go away even after the mode is turned off.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
This tech-support motto exists for a purpose, and it was the catchphrase of Roy from The IT Crowd. In many circumstances, it is effective in resolving issues. Because airplane mode won t turn off is such a complicated piece of software, it’s understandable if things become a little muddled from time to time. A simple reboot is frequently the solution, so try that first before going on to more sophisticated solutions.
To do so, hold down the power button on your computer until the option to Restart appears, or hit the Windows key, select the Power icon (the circle with a small vertical line at the top), then Restart.
Reason Windows 10 is stuck in Airplane mode
While airplane mode won t turn off is a handy feature of Windows 10, the problem with this feature is that it can sometimes be difficult to turn off airplane mode windows10. Yes, when Airplane mode is enabled, clicking the Airplane tile in the Action Center should turn it off, but that doesn’t always happen in Windows 10.
There are several reasons why your laptop might get stuck in Airplane mode. Usually, the problem is due to software bugs or glitches, faulty network drivers, or a simple physical switch. In most cases, the first thing to do is to reboot the computer. Often the cause of the problem is then revealed with an appropriate solution.
Another problem is that the airplane icon keeps appearing in the system tray taskbar, even after airplane mode won t turn off mode has been disabled. In other words, the airplane icon that appears after you turn on Airplane mode refuses to disappear even after you turn it off.
First let us know in Windows 10, how to turn off airplane mode on dell laptop
Option 1: Turn off Airplane Mode using Action Center
1. You have to first open the Action Center (Windows Key + A is the shortcut key)
2. You can toggle on or off by pressing the “Airplane mode” button.
Option 2: Disable Airplane Mode using Network Icon
1. Go to the taskbar and click on your Network icon from the notification area.
2. Tapping the Airplane mode button, you can on or off the feature.
Option 3: Disable Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Settings
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on Network & Internet icon.
2. From the left-hand menu select airplane mode won t turn off.
3. Now turn on or off Airplane mode on the right side using the toggle.
Airplane Mode not turning off in Windows 10 [SOLVED]
When a user sets on airplane mode won t turn off, he or she may not be able to turn it off again, and the feature will notify the user that the function will be unavailable for a period of time. Many users find it unpleasant since they may have vital work to complete but are unable to activate wireless connections such as Wi-Fi due to Airplane mode, which is a problem for Windows 10 users. As a result, this post will show you how to turn off airplane mode on dell laptop that won’t switch off. This instruction will also assist you in resolving the problem of airplane mode won t turn off switch that is stuck, greyed out, or not working.
Method 1: Change Adapter properties
1. Go to Start Menu and type “Device Manager”.
2. Navigate to “Network Adapter” and expand it by double-clicking on that arrow button associated with it.
3. Look for the wireless modem from the list of different network adapters attached to your system.
4. Right-click on it and select Properties from the context menu.
5. A properties dialog box will pop up. From there switch to the Power Management tab.
6. From there uncheck or un-tick the check-box saying “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
7. Click the OK button and see if you’re able to resolve not being able to turn off Airplane mode.
Method 2: Enable or disable Network Connection
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on Network & Internet icon.
2. By default, you will be in the Status section, which you can see from the left pane of the “Network & Internet” window.
3. In the right pane of the same window, you will see the Change Adapter options.
4. Click on Change Adapter Options. This will pop up a new window showing your wireless connections.
5. Right-click the Wireless (Wi-Fi) connection and choose the Disable option.
6. Again right-click the same wireless connection and click enable option to enable it back.
7. This will fix the airplane mode windows 10 and everything will start working back.
Method 3: Physical Wireless Switch
Another way is by finding out if there is any physical switch associated or not for your wireless network. If it is there, then make sure WiFi is enabled using the dedicated key on your keyboard, for example, my Acer laptop has Fn + F3 key to enable or disable the WiFi on Windows 10. Search your keyboard for the WiFi icon and press it to enable WiFi again. In most cases it’s Fn(Function key) + F2. This way you can easily fix Airplane Mode not turning off in Windows 10 issue.
Method 4: Update your Driver Software for the Network Adapter
1. Open the “Device Manager” window as done in the first method.
2. Navigate to “Network Adapter” and expand it.
3. Right-click on your “Wireless Adapter” and select the “Update driver software” option.
4. A new window will emerge that will ask you to choose different ways for updating the driver software. Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. This will look for the driver online, just make sure your system is connected to the internet either using a LAN cable or USB Tethering.
6. After Windows is finished updating the drivers you will get a message saying “Windows has successfully updated your driver software”. You can close the window and reboot your PC to save changes.
I hope the above steps were helpful and now you can easily Fix airplane mode won t turn off, but if you still have any questions regarding this tutorial then feel free to ask them in the comment section.
Your Wi-Fi Is Ready for Take-Off
It can feel frustrating when you have to get your work done quickly, but your airplane mode won t turn off is stuck in Airplane mode. Hopefully, one of these fixes resolved the issue, and you got your wireless network working. However, if you’re unable to connect to your Wi-Fi even after disabling the Airplane mode, you may have another Wi-Fi problem on your Windows.