This Tutorial Explains What is a . BIN File. You will learn How to Open BIN Files with and without using a Program, Convert BIN to ISO & Apps to Open bin converter: You must have seen the open bin file extension sometime and must have wondered what it is and why is it used. Here we have something for you about bin files and how to open them. In this tutorial, we will learn what are these bin files and then we will see some applications to open them.
What Is a .BIN File?
The bin file format is actually designed to store information in a binary format. The binary formatting is compatible with disk storage and it allows media files to save and sit on the physical disc.
Using a disc for storage, however, is increasingly uncommon and the how-to open bin files format does not translate to modern digital storage formats with manipulation to extract the information and migrate into a format easily used by Android devices along with any other relevant digital reader formats.
Some how to open bin files are protected and they will not convert however. Converting the media from a copyright DVD or CD for example will not work without breaking through a layer of security protection. The process is also illegal and you are better off simply purchasing a what is a bin file digital format of the same media.
Programs that open BIN files
Many programs can open, convert or fix what is a bin converter. We will discuss some of the programs below:
Methods to Open Bin File
Method 1: Opening bin files by burning them to a disc
- Need to create a CUE file
If you are about to burn the found open bin file into a DVD or CD, then you need to add the CUE file along as well. If you were able to find only the bin converter, then you need to create the CUE file on your own.
- Open up Notepad and enter the lines as mentioned in the below image
- You need to change up the filename.bin to the respective open bin file that you are about to burn. Make sure to maintain the quotation marks, and only change the file name.
- Ensure the newly created CUE file gets saved into the same folder that holds upon the Bin file.
- Both the CUE and BIN file must be named similarly.
- If at all, the CUE extension is not found while saving the Notepad bin files, you need to select upon ‘All Files’ in the saving menu and then search for the right extension.
- Burning the file onto a disc
Open up the burning program that you have been using to burn files into the CDs and DVDs. The file extension BIN is said to be an outdated format and only older programs like Nero and CDRWIN shall support burning them.
- If you are about to use Nero Burning ROM, then the CUE file must be loaded at first by navigating to the folder in which you have previously created and saved.
- Once the destined image file has been loaded into the interface of Nero, you will be notified about the disk space the file shall occupy while burning them into the disc.
- After verifying and selecting the burning options correctly, you need to insert in a blank disc into the CD or DVD drive and then initiate the burning process by pressing the ‘Burn’ button.
- The total time taken to burn the bin files depends upon the estimated size that was mentioned earlier, the burning speed you have selected in default and the overall performance of your computer
- Once the burning process gets completed, the active burning window shall notify about the same.
- Testing the burned disc
- Test out the disc by ejecting and inserting them again into the drive
- You will be notified about the disc that has been inserted or visit ‘My Computer’ to access the CD or DVD drive that has the burned bin files in them.
- Now, you can easily open the files present within the unknown bin files by using the right program.
Method 2: Mounting and opening the BIN file
A virtual drive shall help in emulating the physical optical drive present in your computer and lets you easily mount the image file directly on it. This method does trick the computer and lets it recognize a disc has been inserted into the drive, by loading up the image without having to burn them in the first place.
- Installing virtual drive software
There are multiple free virtual drives available all over the internet to open the bin file and to download for free as well. WinCDEmu is a popular virtual drive that lets you mount the inaccessible bin files for free. Although OS X and Windows 8 and 10 have a built-in virtual type of drive loading software, the BIN file cannot be mounted in them.
- Mounting the image
- Make a right-click upon the bin files and place them on your System Tray by selecting any of the fake drives from the drop-down list menu. After selecting the fake drive, click upon the ‘Mount’ button.
- Also, browse through the CUE files that can be found in the same folder as the BIN Files and load them up as well.
- Opening the disc
After successfully mounting both the bin files and CUE files, the computer shall recognize the physical disk that has been said to be inserted. The ‘Autoplay’ option might pop up or you will be notified about the actions that can you do with the loaded disc. The pop-up message that you are about to receive shall be based upon the contents present within the virtually loaded disc.
You can also double-click the ‘My Computer’ icon present on the desktop, and then navigate to the virtual drive to safely open up the BIN file.
Method 3: Converting the BIN file into ISO format
To take forward this method of opening a BIN file, you need to find a trustworthy conversion program that can completely change the loaded bin files into an ISO file. Once the conversion process gets completed, you can easily burn or mount the file to access the contents present it at your convenience.
MagicISO is one such popular BIN file to ISO format converting program that can be downloaded for free.
- After downloading and installing the ‘MagicISO’ converting program, you need to open it up.
- Navigate to the ‘Tools menu and then select ‘Convert’ to choose ‘BIN to ISO’ from the loaded menu.
- Click upon the Folder icon present near the ‘Choose source file’ option to browse for the BIN file.
- After selecting the BIN file, you can change the output file name and folder by clicking upon the disc icon present near the ‘Choose output file’ option.
- After this, you need to click upon the ‘Convert’ button to start converting the BIN file directly into an ISO file.
- It may take a few minutes to complete the conversion process, depending upon the size of the content present in the BIN file.
Once the BIN file has been converted, you need to mount the file by wisely using a virtual drive loading software like ‘DAEMON Tools’.
Windows 10 and 8 users can easily make a right-click upon the ISO file and then select ‘Mount’ to burn and access the file instantly
If you are a Windows 8 or 10 user, you can choose to burn the ISO file using the default ‘Windows Disc Image Burner’ or by using other popular and free burning programs like Nero and MagicISO
A popular burning program like ‘MagicISO’ lets its user explore all the content present within the bin converter to ISO converted file, so that only the needed files can be selected upon to take forward with the burning process, neglecting the unwanted ones. However, if you have to open the Zip file then you can simply extract the file by right-clicking on it and choose the extract option to open the file in a folder.
Active ISO File Manage
Active ISO File Manager is a software that can burn the image file. It can be used for viewing, editing, and converting BIN.
- It is easy to use for your image file
- It can extract files from ISO images
PowerISO is a DVD burner that can be used for editing and handling bin converter. You can also use it for burning CDs in different formats:
- It comes with multiple options and supports various formats.
- Also, it automatically creates a desktop shortcut once download.
UltraISO Premium is a DVD Burner that can create, extract, convert, edit and burn disk image CD or DVD files.
- It is a plain program with no unnecessary features.
- It is compatible with any image.
WinCDEMU is a virtual drive software that will help you open a bin file format. You can mount the binary image bin converter with this program.
You can convert from bin converter format to ISO format before burning or mounting the image with a virtual drive software. There are many iso converters available.
Applications To Open A BIN File
Here are a few applications that you can use to open .BIN files.
Dragon Burn from NewTech Infosystems, Inc. works only with Mac and Powerbook to quickly and easily produce audio, mixed-mode CDs and DVDs, data, etc. With it, you can simultaneously write multiple CDs or DVDs and it also supports new 4x DVD-R drives, both internal and external, completely.
And you can also write advanced CD including the recent 52x CD-R and 24x CD-RW drives.
Roxio Creator NXT Pro 7 is more powerful and versatile and can take care of all of your creative and digital needs. You can capture video from multiple cameras and record your screen as well. With it, you can secure your media, burn and copy it easily with the leading tools in the industry along with encrypting your bin converter to USB or a disk.
It also offers everything you need to create and edit your pictures.
DAEMON, or Disk And Execution Monitor, is used to emulate 4 DVD-ROM and CD-ROM virtually at the same time. With it, you can burn the images quickly because it doesn’t use a container format. The tool can mount many common formats. It can convert images from bin converter, MDX, ISO, etc and burn them into CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs.
It can also compress or separate disc images and convert them into several bin converters that can be password protected.
- Lite+ Full pack: $29.99
- Ultra Lifetime: $39.99
- Pro Lifetime: $29.99
4) Smart Projects IsoBuster
Now, this one is a software for data recovery. It saves the files that are lost from a corrupt or trashed CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray disc. When you insert a disc, flash drive, or memory card, you can see all the partitions, sessions, and tracks on the media. You can also access data and hidden files from older sessions or hidden partitions. And it is completely independent of the limitations of Windows.
- Personal License: $39.95
- Professional License: $59.95
PowerISO supports Windows OS with Intel Pentium 166MHz, 64MB RAM, and 128 MB Hard Disk Drive. There is so much you can do with PowerISO including converting, burning, creating, deleting, extracting, viewing, erasing, and ripping files from rewritable discs. Also, it can convert BIN, DMG, and any CD/DVD image data to ISO format. It can also convert ISO to CUE bin converter files.
Using Android To Open And Install BIN Files
If you want to use your Android phone to open a bin converter, you’ll need to change the file extension to the correct one on your system and then use the App Installer to introduce the file.
Locate the app installation and activate the download from unknown sources option in the settings. Connect your phone to your computer and turn on disc mode. Select the computer option from your system’s start button. Through a removable storage device, you can view its contents on your smartphone. Change the name of the bin converter to APK. After that, unplug your phone from the computer. Start the app installer, then open the APK file and install it.