Attending cosmetology schools in the UK is not enough to ensure your success. After graduating from these cosmetology schools in the UK, you must understand and remember that cosmetology is a career based on human contact.
To begin with, you must have the goal of developing a relationship, which will frequently depend not only on the cosmetologist’s expertise but also on the trust and connection they build with their clientele.
Customers place their trust in their cosmetologists’ skills and professionalism. You may have a successful career in cosmetology if you can make your customers feel good about themselves when they leave your salon chair.
This is also physically demanding work because you will be on your feet for long periods of time.
Top 10 Best Cosmetology Schools In UK
The universities listed below offer hair and beauty university programs in the UK. There are also several cosmetology schools in the UK for overseas students on the list.
- Bradford University
- Birmingham City University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- De-Montfort University
- Loughborough University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Plymouth University
- Bolton College
- University of Dundee
- Lincoln College
In order to talk about cosmetology schools in the United Kingdom that are more focused on cosmetology, I will only evaluate four of these colleges.
The University of Bradford
Bradford University is one of the cosmetology schools in the UK that provides a skin sciences program. They aid students and researchers in their understanding of skin and hair biology. They also help pupils comprehend the many sorts of skin problems and how to cure them.
The University of Birmingham
Birmingham City University is one of the cosmetology schools in the United Kingdom that provides a full-time programme in cosmetic branding and marketing. They assist students in learning how to brand new items and market them to a respectable standard.
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Cardiff Metropolitan University is also one of the best cosmetology schools in the UK, offering a master’s degree for a one-year dermatological programme designed for students with at least a year of general medical experience.
University of De Montfort
De-Montfort University is one of the UK cosmetology schools that provides a programme in pharmaceutical and cosmetic science. Students gain an extensive and specific understanding of pharmaceutical and cosmetic theoretical fundamentals.
Other universities to think about:
- Loughborough University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Plymouth University
- Bolton College
- Dundee University
- Lincoln University
What qualifications are necessary to work as a cosmetologist in the United Kingdom?
These abilities are as necessary as attending cosmetology schools in the UK in order to become a professional in the field.
This is the main benefit of attending any of the cosmetology schools in the UK.
This degree does not have to be acquired within the four walls of an institution. This degree is available through training centres.
The certificate awarded at the end of the programme serves as the licence required to work as a cosmetologist.
Creativity is defined as the use of one’s imagination to create anything. Because cosmetology is an art that demands creativity, a cosmetologist should be able to bring ideas to life while also working to enhance their abilities.
A cosmetologist relies heavily on time. A cosmetologist must be able to manage their time well in order to be productive and efficient. What difference will this make?
A cosmetologist may serve more customers per day if they manage their time well.
Excellent customer service.
Cosmetologists must be capable of providing excellent client care. For appropriate client satisfaction, a cosmetologist must be pleasant and attend to customers’ demands within the time frame specified.
Being physically healthy is another crucial quality for a cosmetologist. Cosmetologists are frequently required to stand for lengthy periods of time while catering to consumers.
Interpersonal Skills and Trend Awareness
Cosmetology is now one of the fastest-growing businesses, with trends changing virtually every season. Interacting with clients is a method of developing and maintaining a relationship with them. A cosmetologist should be aware of changing trends and adept at keeping ties with his clients.
What are the Most Popular Cosmetology Courses in the UK?
Cosmetology is related to several courses. While the majority of them are online cosmetology courses, others are medical cosmetology schools in the United Kingdom. However, the following are the most prevalent courses that overseas students may readily discover at beauty schools in the UK and in cosmetology schools in general.
- Make-up and beauty therapy
- Beauty & Business Training
- Hair styling
- Make-Up Artist Training
- Beauty and Body Therapy at a Spa
- Management of a Saloon
10 Cosmetology Schools in the United Kingdom
The following is a list of cosmetology schools in the United Kingdom.
- UK Beauty Schools (Kent, Essex, Surrey and London)
- London School of Beauty & Makeup
- Manchester Beauty School
- Oxford International College Of Beauty
- Ray Cochrane Beauty School
- Bristol Beauty School
- Cambridge School of Beauty Therapy
- Champneys Beauty College
- Academy Of Beauty Training
- The Carlton Institute – Chichester
London Beauty and Makeup School
London School of Beauty & Makeup is one of the UK’s globally recognised cosmetology schools. They are regarded as one of the best beauty schools in the United Kingdom for overseas students. Here are some of the most popular degrees they offer, as well as the course fees:
- CIDESCO INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY THERAPY DIPLOMA-£9,500 Course Fee
- The New Masa Dopolima-The Complete Makeup Artistry Course-£4,495
- LEVEL 2 FACIAL MASSAGE AND SKIN CARE COURSE—£995
- Level 3 Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology for £375
- The CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Postgraduate Programme costs £2,500.
- Beauty Therapy Diploma CIBTAC-£7,800
Manchester Beauty School
Manchester Beauty School is one of the UK’s cosmetology schools, offering certificate and certification programmes in nails, beauty, holistic, and cosmetics. Here are some of the courses available at Manchester Beauty School.
- Advanced Nail Technician Online-£159.00
- Beauty Therapist on the Move-£899.00
- Certificate Training for Beauticians-£459.00
- Advanced Lash & Brow Technician Training Package
- Advanced Nail Technician Training Package Online-£239.00
- Click here for more information on their over 20 courses and training fees.
Oxford International Beauty College.
This is one of the UK’s cosmetology schools, founded in 1990, and one of the most prominent speciality beauty training institutes in the country.
Here are some of the courses available at the Oxford International College of Beauty:
- 12 months NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy
- 12 months NVQ Level 3 in Beauty Therapy
- Apprenticeships in Beauty Therapy at NVQ Levels 2 and 3 for 1 year
- Beauty & Body Therapy-10 Months CIDESCO, CIBTAC, and OICB
- Short Courses for International Beauty Therapy Students (3 to 6 Months) at CIBTAC
A UK student who wishes to attend Oxford International College of Beauty must complete the following requirements:
- 5 GCSEs with A-C grades or equivalent
- Interview with the school director (fee applies).
- If you are a school leaver, please provide your most recent school report.
- Two referees’ names and addresses
- Identification using a photograph (i.e., a passport or driving licence).
A foreign student who wishes to apply must satisfy the following requirements:
- IELTS score of 5.5 (if English is not your first language)
- Interview with the College President (telephone interview is acceptable)
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent in original form.
- If you are a school dropout, you must provide an educational report.
- There are two references.
- passport for photo identification.
- Full funds are available to pay for course tuition and housing in advance in order to qualify for a “Student Visitors Visa.”
Ray Cochrane Beauty School
This is one of the cosmetology schools in the United Kingdom where you may hone your beauty treatment talents. This school first opened its doors in 1954.
They are purposefully small and selective while providing a degree of support and tuition assistance that most larger universities may not provide. Here are some of the courses available at this institution, as well as the total course fee:
- £1,995 for the VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Course.
- Beauty Therapy Level 3 Course-£2550
- Professional Beauty Therapy Diploma CIBTAC-£6,995
- £8,995 CIDESCO International Beauty Diploma Course
- £795 (VTCT Level 2 Facial and Skin Care Course)
- The VTCT Level 3 Facial Electrotherapy Course costs £1275.
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Anatomy and Physiology Online Course-£375
- Beauty Therapy and Nail Services VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19)-£109
Ray Cochrane Beauty School tuition in the United Kingdom
Bristol Beauty College
Bristol Beauty School was established in 2006. They are one of the UK’s cosmetology schools, providing professional and supportive training courses for most people in a training set.
They have very small class sizes and exceptionally rigorous training requirements. They provide the following programmes:
- Course in Beauty Training-£550
- Makeup classes range from £130 to £195.
- Courses in facials and skincare—£470
- Nail courses range from £170 to £190.
- Body therapy courses range from £170 to £320.
- Lash and brow courses range from £99 to £250.
- Waxing classes range from £99 to £160.
Bristol Beauty School’s cosmetology school costs
School of Cambridge Beauty Therapy
This is one of the cosmetology schools in the UK that is well-known in the business for offering pupils first-rate training.
This school provides a variety of beauty and treatment courses, the most popular of which is the fast-track CIDESCO & CIBTAC beauty therapy diploma.
Here are some of their qualifications:
- CIBTAC and CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma-£7,000 payable in five instalments.
- The CIBTAC Beauty Therapy Diploma costs £5,500 in five instalments.
- CIDESCO Postgraduate Programme–£1,000
- £3,000 CIBTAC Aesthetics Diploma (inclusive of beauty kit)
- Level 4 Aesthetics core course costs £1,300.
Champneys Beauty School
This is one of the cosmetology schools in the UK that is at the forefront of beauty treatment training establishments. Founded in 1976, it has established itself as one of the premier training institutions in the United Kingdom. They have the following:
- full-time beauty programmes that run for 10 months. It is a course designed for high school graduates who desire a thorough background in beauty therapy.
- Part-time beauty classes are also available to accommodate student’s busy schedules.
- Professional development courses, such as certifications, certificates, and the postgraduate CIDESCO diploma, are also available.
Beauty Training Academy
The Academy of Beauty Training has been in operation for more than 8 years. They provide a comprehensive variety of 34 courses with the most recent cutting-edge technology developments, including non-invasive anti-aging face and body treatments. They also provide housing for their pupils.
There are several:
- Advanced Fast Track Courses in Beauty Therapy
- Advanced Beauty Courses
- IPL and Laser Training
Each course requires a £100 deposit. Payment in full for your course must be paid at least 12 days before the start date.
Chichester’s Carlton Institute
It was founded in 1992 and is now a pioneer in the sector, offering an unrivalled selection of beauty courses and training.
The Carlton Institute is recognised as one of the cosmetology schools in the UK, with a comprehensive selection of approved beauty, nail, massage, and holistic courses and training sites around the UK.
You’ve probably seen a list of cosmetology schools in the UK and are aware that cosmetology schools differ. These programmes, on the other hand, give hands-on instruction. The majority of their coursework focuses on hair, skin, and nails. After finishing cosmetology schools in the UK, become licenced and start your profession.