In accordance with how to create a YouTube playlist, “Great playlists can keep viewers watching longer.” In fact, if you want to increase the watch time on your YouTube videos and playlists and make your content more discoverable, one of the easiest strategies is to create multiple playlists on your YouTube channel. If you’re not familiar with how to create a YouTube playlist, it’s time to get on board the internet’s most entertaining bandwagon. Why? If you’re interested in something, there’s a YouTube playlist for it.
Want to listen to the best new house music of 2019? There’s a tutorial on how to make a playlist on YouTube for that. Want to watch every Game of Thrones scene featuring Daenerys Targaryen? There’s a playlist for that. Want to maximise your video SEO on YouTube? You guessed it – there’s a way to make a YouTube playlist for that. In the information age, YouTube has put everything from trending tunes to industry-leading thought leaders right at your fingertips.
But as a marketer and brand builder, did you know you can use YouTube playlists as a customer engagement tool? In this blog, we’re going to explain how you can create, edit, and maximise your playlists on YouTube to grow your brand and enhance your video marketing strategy.
What are YouTube playlists?
How to make a playlist on YouTube: similar-themed or related videos, playlists that are bunched together and organised in a list. Let’s check out a few basic tenets about playlists:
- When a user watches a video in a playlist on YouTube, the other videos automatically play in sequence. For example, check out this playlist of “Makeup basics with Maybelline New York.” You can see the videos in the playlist sequence on your right.
- Both YouTube viewers and creators can make how to create a playlist on youtube In fact, when you like a video on YouTube, it becomes a part of your personal “Liked Videos” playlist. YouTube automatically creates playlists like “Your Movies,” “Watch Later” or “Saved Videos” for you. You can find these playlists on your how-to make a youtube playlist homepage on the left side of your screen or in the “Library” section on mobile.
- Users can make playlists to save favourite songs, tutorials or important how to make a youtube playlist too.
- Meanwhile, brands make themed playlists. This is a cool way to make it super easy for viewers to find content. For example, Netflix’s how to make a youtube playlist on different shows, which makes it easy for viewers to binge-watch videos of their favourite characters and shows.
Why create a YouTube playlist?
Here are 3 reasons that make YouTube playlists super important for brands, businesses and videos, playlists alike:
Playlists make it super easy for you to organise your videos into categories and themes. You can include videos from your own channel and from other channels you admire as well in your videos and playlists. This is great for a brand or a content creator because it allows anyone who visits your channel page to find the right and relevant content easily.
For example, if a user is interested in Korean music and dramas, they will easily find videos and playlists of Korean songs, idols, reality TV, dramas, etc., on the KBS World Network Youtube channel. This not only helps you introduce your viewers to more content that they love but also showcases your channel’s creativity and personality.
How do you create and edit a YouTube playlist on your channel?
In this section, we will cover everything you need to know about creating, editing, and deleting YouTube playlists with elaborate step-by-step guides.
Here’s a step-by-step process for creating a YouTube playlist.
Step 1: If you’re creating a playlist using your own content, click on your channel icon in the upper-right corner. On the drop-down menu that appears, choose, “Your channel.
Step 2: You will now be able to see all of your videos. Once you have decided on the first videos, playlists you want to add to your playlist, just click on the three dots next to the video and click on “Save To playlist.”
Step 3: Now select the “Create A New Playlist” option.
Step 4: Now add the name for your new playlist. Note that there is a 150 character limit to this.
Step 5: Now you need to choose your privacy settings. To bring up the privacy settings, click on the drop-down arrow. You’ll be able to choose from 3 privacy settings.
Consider who will be watching your YouTube playlist and select one of the following options:
- Public: This setting is perfect for you if you want your videos to come up in search results. Use the public setting for maximum exposure for your playlist and YouTube channel.
- Unlisted: This means your playlist will not come up in search results, but you can share it with friends, family, co-workers, and customers. This is relevant for you if you have a channel with hyper-targeted webinars or videos to be shared with prospects, which can’t be made public for competitors to see. In such a case, you could send prospects an unlisted link.
- Private: You should use the private setting only if you’re creating a youtube playlist for your personal use. These are playlists that you don’t intend to share with anyone.
Step 6: Once done with the privacy settings, click on the “Create” button to create your new playlist.
How do I find my playlist on YouTube?
To find your playlist, simply go to your YouTube channel homepage and click on the “Playlists” tab.
Sometimes, a private playlist may not be visible on your channel. If you cannot locate it, here’s how to access a playlist on YouTube:
Step 1: Click on your profile/channel icon on the right corner of your YouTube homepage. Now select the “YouTube Studio” option.
Step 2: Click on the “Playlists” option in the menu on the left corner of the screen. You will now be able to see all the playlists on your channel.
And that’s how you construct a playlist on YouTube. You’re now ready to create your own YouTube playlist and begin organising and managing all of your YouTube videos, whether for personal or marketing purposes. Furthermore, we recommend that you create a YouTube playlist for each sort of video you have. This strategy would improve watch time, views, or reach while also signalling the world’s second-largest search engine to prioritise your playlist in search results.