The name “Facebook won’t load” and hardly needs an introduction. It is the most popular social media website in the world. Facebook not loading is the only place where you can find active accounts belonging to people aged 8 to 80. People from various walks of life are drawn towards Facebook page won’t load as it has relatable content for everyone.
What started as a simple website to connect and catch up with your long-lost school friends or distant cousins has evolved into a living, breathing worldwide community. Facebook won’t load has been successful in demonstrating how powerful social media and influential social media are. It has given a platform to so many talented artists, musicians, dancers, comedians, actors, etc., and orchestrated their rise to stardom.
Facebook won’t load has been used extensively by activists all around the world to raise awareness and bring justice. It has been a key factor in building a global community that comes forward to aid one another at times of distress. Every day, people get to learn something new or find someone they had long given up hope of seeing again. Aside from all of these wonderful accomplishments, Facebook is also a great place to get your daily dose of entertainment.
There is hardly anyone in this world who has never used Facebook. However, just like every other app or website, Facebook won’t load and can malfunction at times. The very common problem is that Facebook’s home page won’t load properly. In this article, we are going to lay down various simple fixes for this problem so that you can get back to using Facebook as soon as possible.
How To Fix Facebook won’t load Properly?
Take a look if your Facebook won’t load the page properly here are the following methods.
Method 1: Update the Browser
The first thing that you can do is update the browser. An old and outdated version of the browser might be the reason behind Facebook not working. why won’t Facebook load not loading is a constantly evolving website. It keeps releasing new features, and it is possible that these features are not supported on an old browser. Therefore, it is always a good practice to keep your browser up to date at all times. It not only optimizes its performance but also comes with various bug fixes that prevent problems like these from happening. Follow the steps given below to update your browser.
1. Irrespective of which browser you are using, the general steps are more or less the same. For the sake of understanding, we will be taking Chrome as an example.
2. The first thing that you need to do is open Chrome on your computer.
3. Now tap on the menu icon (three vertical dots) on the top right-hand side of the screen.
4. After that hover, you mouse pointer on top of the Help option on the drop-down menu.
5. Now click on the About Google Chrome option.
6. Chrome will now automatically search for updates.
7. If there are is any pending updates then click on the Update button and Chrome will get updated to the latest version.
8. Once the browser has been updated, try opening Facebook and see if it works properly or not.
Method 2: Clear Cache, Cookies, and Browsing Data
Sometimes old cache files, cookies, and browsing history can cause problems while loading websites. These old files collected over time pile up and often get corrupted. As a result, it interferes with the normal functioning of the browser. Whenever you feel that your why won’t Facebook load is getting slow and pages aren’t loading properly, you need to clear your browsing data. Follow the steps given below to see how:
1. Firstly, open Google Chrome on your computer.
2. Now tap on the menu button and select More tools from the drop-down menu.
3. After that, click on the Clear browsing data option.
4. Under the time range, select the All-time option and tap on the Clear Data button.
5. Now check if the Facebook won’t load properly or not.
Method 3: Use HTTPS instead of HTTP
The ‘S’ in the end stands for security. While opening Facebook on your browser, take a look at the URL and see if it is using HTTP://. If the Facebook home screen won’t open normally, then it is probably due to the HTTP extension. It would help if you replaced that with HTTPS. Doing so might take longer to load the home screen, but it will at least work properly.
The reason behind this problem is that a secure browser isn’t available for Facebook for all devices. For example, it is not available for the Facebook app. In case you have Facebook set to browse in secure mode, then using the HTTP:// extension will lead to an error. Therefore, you must always use the HTTP:// extension while using Facebook on your computer. You can also disable this setting for Facebook, which will allow you to open Facebook ordinarily irrespective of the wing. Follow the steps given below to see how.
1. Firstly, open Facebook on your computer and log in to your account.
2. Now tap on the Account menu and select Account Settings.
3. Here, navigate to the Account Security section and click on the Change button.
4. After that, simply disable the “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) whenever possible” option.
5. Finally, click on the Save button and exit the Settings.
6. You will now be able to open Facebook normally even if the extension is HTTP.
Method 4: Check Date and Time Settings
The date and time on your computer play an important role while browsing the internet. If the date and time displayed on your computer are incorrect, it might lead to different kinds of problems. Facebook’s home page not loading properly is definitely one of them. Make sure that you double-check the date and time on your computer before processing with the other solutions.
Method 5: Restart your Computer
If none of the above methods work then, it is time to give the good old “Have you tried turning it on and off again”. A simple reboot often fixes major issues and there is a good chance that it will fix the issue of the Facebook home page not loading properly. Power off your device and wait for 5 minutes before turning it back on again. Once the device boots up try opening Facebook again and see if it works properly or not.
Method 6: Make sure that your Internet is working properly
Another common reason behind the Facebook Home page not loading is a slow internet connection. It would help if you made sure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network with a stable and strong internet connection. At times, we don’t even realize that the internet connection is down. The easiest way to check it out is to open YouTube and see if a video plays without buffering or not. If it does not work, then try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network. If that doesn’t solve the problem, you need to restart the router, and that should do it.
Method 7: Disable/Delete Malicious Extensions
Extensions grant special abilities to your browser. They add to the list of functionalities of your browser. However, not all extensions have the best intentions for your computer. Some of them can negatively affect the performance of your browser. These extensions could be the reason behind certain websites like why won’t Facebook load, not opening properly. The easiest way to make sure is to switch to incognito browsing and open Facebook won’t load. While you are in incognito mode, the extensions won’t be active. If why won’t Facebook load’s home page loads normally, then it means that the culprit is an extension. Follow the steps given below to delete an extension from Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Now tap on the menu button and select More tools from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the Extensions option.
4. Now, disable/delete recently added extensions, especially the ones you said when this problem began to occur.
5. Once the extensions have been removed, check if Facebook works appropriately or not.
Method 8: Try a different Web Browser
If none of the above methods work then, you can try to use a different browser. There are several excellent browsers available for Windows and MAC. Some of the best browsers are Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc. If you are currently using any one of them, then try opening Facebook won’t load on a different browser. See if that solves the problem
This brings us to the conclusion of this article. We’ve tried to cover every conceivable solution for why Facebook’s home page won’t load or Facebook won’t load properly. We hope you find this information useful and that you are able to resolve the issue. However, there are situations when Facebook will not load by itself. Its service may be unavailable, or a major change may have occurred in the back end, causing the user app or website to become stuck on the loading page.
In this instance, you have no choice except to wait to fix the facebook won’t load and restart its services. Meanwhile, you can contact Facebook’s support center and let them know about the problem. When a large number of people work together,