NaviCat for MySQL is a client-side tool for designing and administering MySQL and MariaDB databases. The most intriguing feature of Navicat is that it can connect to MariaDB and MySQL databases at the same time.
This programme supports databases other than MySQL and MariaDB, including Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, Amazon Aurora, Google Cloud, and Amazon RDS cloud databases. All of this assistance comes with a sophisticated graphical interface that can be used to create and manage databases efficiently. We’ll go through the features of NaviCat for MySQL and how to download and install NaviCat for MySQL in this post.
Navicat is a “Remote MySQL database utility” that lets you access your database from your own computer. You must first download the programme in order to connect to NaviCat for MySQL.
The following version will be downloaded:
- Download and install Navicat for MySQL 10.1.8.
- Navicat is available for download at the following address.
- This is a free trial version.
- Navicat is not free, and removing the trial from your installation will cost you money.
- Once you’ve saved the program’s executable to your PC,
To install Navicat, click the Installer button.
Let’s have a look at the features of Navicat:
1. Data migration software
Because of the reduced overhead, data synchronisation and transfer, and structural synchronisation, data migration becomes simple and quick. All of the actions that must be performed to migrate data, which may include numerous databases, are detailed and outlined. We can develop reports on data comparisons that can be deployed, as well as a script that will lay out all of the adjustments that you want to make.
2. A database manipulation tool
We may utilise the import wizard to load data into the database that comes in a variety of forms. When the data source connection is established, data can also be imported from ODBC. Data saved in tables or created from queries may be exported in a variety of formats, including Access, CSV, Excel, and others. The data may also be graphically modified, such as updated, removed, and added, using Navicat’s grid view. Other editing tools can be used to make changes to the data. Navicat assists you in ensuring that your data is effectively maintained and processed.
3. Simple SQL Query Development
We may use a visual SQL builder to design and run SQL query statements, which ensures that the syntax is proper and eliminates the need to worry about syntax and command use. The autosuggestion mode for keywords makes it easier to code and create queries faster, as well as add customisable code snippets and skip and remove repetitive processes.
4. Intelligent Database Designer
The tool’s object designers assist you in managing, developing, and modifying database objects. There are design and modelling tools that can be used to turn databases into graphical representations. This makes it easier to understand and model databases that are hard to understand.
Dashboards and Tools for Data Vvisualization
The programme has visualisation capabilities that may be used to create visual representations that will assist you in quickly completing your research and gaining insights into your dataset. We may draw inferences about the relationships and trends in our data and build accompanying graphics to create a dashboard that can be shared. This might be useful when numerous developers are working on a project and they all need to be aware of the database insights of the project they are constructing.
There will always be mistakes in the application and database, which will cause it to fail. NaviCat for MySQL assists us in storing the local backup and restoring it as needed. Also, we may execute the scripts and events that we want to complete the task at a specific moment, such as deployment, which results in task automation and your work being done when you want it, even if you are not there.
- Add your IP address to MySQL Remote.
- You must first add your IP to the Remote MySQL connection before Navicat will connect.
- Log into your cPanel and go to the Databases menu, then click the Remote MySQL button.
- Add your IP address to the Add Access Host and Ad Host fields.
Due to security concerns, remote NaviCat for MySQL connections are blocked on our shared servers. However, you may simply set up an SSH tunnel between your PC and our server using SSH-tunneling and MySQL port (3306) forwarding. To use Navicat software to connect to your MySQL database, perform the following:
1. Contact our hosting support via live chat or ticket system to enable SSH access for your account.
2. Go to the Connection tab in your Navicat programme and fill in the details as follows:
- Hostname: 3306 (port)
- Your database user password is your password.
- Username: the name of your database user.
3. Next, go to the SSH tab and select the box for Use SSH tunnel, then fill in the information as shown below:
- Name of the host/IP address:
- Your server’s IP address
- 21098 (port)
- Your cPanel username is your user name.
- The Method of Authentication
- Your cPanel password is your password.
4. When you’re finished, click OK to preserve the connection settings. On the left, you’ll notice your new connection.
5. To connect to your database, double-click it.