OKR software is a SaaS solution for setting, debating, tracking, and assessing business results inside your organisation.
OKR software is similar to other goal-setting tools that help define and drive corporate goals, but it was made with the OKR approach in mind.
That is, an OKR platform should typically include three major areas: quarterly goal-setting and alignment; weekly progress tracking; feedback; and continuous dialogue.
With this in mind, the OKR management platform should allow you to:
- Set OKRs and track their development.
- Separate key results (what you intend to accomplish) from initiatives (what you will do to accomplish your key results).
- Display the most important and relevant Key Performance Indicators for each team and the organisation as a whole;
- Weekly plans should be prioritised and linked to OKRs.
- Keep an eye out for developments in the company newsfeed and via automatic email reports.
- Share your key OKR learnings through the Team Weekly Summary.
- Give your coworkers feedback and acknowledgement.
How Do I Select the Best OKR Software?
When you want to buy something new, you should always be able to tell the difference between what the product offers and what you really need.
5 OKR tool comparison criteria
Let us provide you with some factors that may help you choose the finest OKR software:
1. OKR software’s purpose
Consider the following reasons for using an OKR management platform in your organisation:
- What kinds of advantages do you hope to see right away, in a month, a quarter, or a year?
- What kinds of existing difficulties do you want to address by implementing OKR software?
- Are you aware of OKR best practises and why 70% of teams fail to capitalise on the framework’s benefits?
The list of OKR tools will be narrowed down based on your responses. While tools like Weekdone are designed specifically for driving change through OKR methodology (setting Quarterly Objectives, linking Teams’ OKRs to Company Objectives, and using Weekly Check-ins), a variety of other tools are designed for specific functionality such as performance reviews, engagement surveys, and managing remote teams.
Consider which goal-setting tool would best suit your company’s goals and culture.
2. Your team’s size
One of the most significant factors to consider when selecting OKR software is the size of your team. Consider this: is managing a team of five people the same as managing a team of thirty?
Each product manages and tackles the demands and dynamics of various team sizes; solutions like Weekdone are better suited for SMBs (small to medium-sized organisations) with up to 100 people, whereas Betterworks is focused on enterprise level OKRs.
Identifying the particular problem you’re attempting to tackle can give you a better notion of the OKR software your team needs right away.
Each of the suggested OKR software solutions listed below tackles a different set of issues and pain points. Some are better at making people more responsible, while others are better at helping remote teams work together to keep track of progress in an efficient way.
Examine your current tech stack to see if there are any tools you want to continue utilising in addition to OKR software. Check that the OKR tool you choose has all of the connectors your product, sales, or marketing teams would require:
- Microsoft Teams
- A calendar app from a third party
- Tasks on Google
Connecting various team tools with OKR software allows team members to connect their day-to-day activities to corporate strategy and outcomes. Teams can keep using their project or task management tools within the same team while showing the rest of the organisation their top priorities through OKR software.
5. Goal-setting coaching
The key to OKR success is understanding how to use the OKR technique and sticking with it.
OKRs are fraught with myths and misunderstandings. If employees do not understand how to establish OKRs, they will just use an OKR tool to add their typical tasks and just reconstruct what they are currently doing in a different way. The problem is that rearranging tasks does not increase productivity.
When selecting an OKR app, look for an OKR team of professionals behind the application and the option to receive OKR coaching. With specialised coaching, you will be introduced not just to the OKR programme but also to best practises for setting successful OKRs and analysing their progress.
OKR Software Pricing
The OKR software cost is determined by all of the elements described above: the size of your team; a suite of capabilities; integrations; and OKR coaching. Premium integrations and quarterly 1-on-1 coaching sessions are often charged separately.
Before committing to any OKR product, look for a free trial or at least a guided demo to see how the logic of the tool meets your demands. In the list below, you’ll discover several price packages as well as free trial choices to help you select the right OKR software for your business case.
20 Best OKR Software In 2022
Now that you know what features to compare, check out our list of OKR SaaS products available today:
Lattice is performance management software that contains elements such as OKRs and employee involvement. It assists leaders in developing individual and corporate objectives by utilising a variety of goal-setting approaches and tracking goals over time to assess both personal and overall company success.
- Individual staff goal setting as well as company-wide OKR planning and tracking
- Employee engagement surveys, 360-degree feedback, one-on-one meetings, employee recognition, and employee growth plans
WorkBoard is an OKR platform that enables large corporations to align on outcomes and publicly assess results throughout the organisation. It’s a robust tool for applying the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) framework, with strong connectors to other data sets for automatic key result data input.
- Create tasks quickly, change dates and priority, and take notes and comments.
- Within the same app, use Objective Key Results (OKRs), Management by Objective (MBOs), and Get Things Done (GTD) approaches.
Weekdone is an OKR programme that allows you to define goals, measure progress, outline strategies, and execute a weekly reporting process. Weekdone offers teams the structure they need to define and manage OKRs.
- Link your weekly plans to your OKRs and make sure that everything you do each week helps you reach your quarterly goals.
- Use the hierarchy view to see your OKRs and their alignment throughout the whole firm.
- Get different views for different reasons, like a bird’s-eye view or a detailed view of a single OKR.
Betterworks is an appropriate OKR management solution for a firm with 250 or more workers that wants to monitor employee performance and track corporate objectives and progress. It is especially beneficial for managing OKRs and encouraging openness and accountability.
- Easily update goals and OKR progress.
- Manage your performance process with ease.
- Using “Meeting View,” you can improve the effectiveness of team meetings.
Heartpace is performance management software that is used for managing OKRs and strategic alignment. It’s especially helpful for figuring out how well employees are doing and for getting management and employees to work together.
- Negative feedback and 360-degree feedback management
- Evaluation, surveys, and one-on-one meetings
- 1:1 meetings with the opportunity to create your own templates
Hirebook is an employee engagement solution that enables businesses to empower their teams by utilising OKRs, Check-ins, KPIs, and Tasks. It’s ideal for managers who want to check in with their staff and create a dedicated location to share progress and discuss employee development through the use of OKRs.
- There are check-ins every week to create objectives and enhance performance.
- Tracking KPIs, connecting KPIs to team meetings or one-on-ones
- The Hirebook allows you to schedule one-on-one meetings with team members.
Leapsome is a people management platform that includes capabilities for goal planning and OKR management, 360-degree feedback, employee learning and onboarding, employee engagement, and meetings. It’s especially useful for HR professionals or CEOs who are in charge of hiring.
- The objectives section allows you to define personal, team, or even business goals and quickly track their progress.
- feedback procedure that is globally standardised and recorded.
- Simple-to-understand employee engagement surveys
Tability is an OKR application that also allows you to make plans and monitor every element of your projects. It helps come up with realistic goals and map out business strategies by putting them into teams or functions.
- Management of objectives and tasks
- KPI tracking within the app
FlowyTeam is 360-degree feedback software for companies of all sizes and in all industries that want to set up an OKRs and KPIs-based culture of performance evaluation.
- One-on-one review sessions to help leaders assign work to team members using a uniform interface.
- Individual and team KPI reports are used to evaluate individual and team performance, and customised awards are used to inspire staff.
Mooncamp is an OKR programme designed to assist firms in the technology, sales, marketing, finance, and other industries in tracking and managing organisational objectives. One advantage of this OKR platform is the ability for employees to update work progress via Microsoft Teams and receive alerts for mentions and check-ins.
- Manage your organization’s or team’s OKRs directly from a tab inside MS Teams.
- Get OKR check-in reminders in MS Teams.
OKR software Ally is designed for mature corporate enterprises seeking a platform to manage and standardise their goal-setting procedures. Through over 200 connectors, this OKR platform connects everyday tasks across your business to the objectives.
- Access visual dashboards and give different weights to key findings to see how they fit together and how they depend on each other.
- Connect Ally.io to various business tools and data sources for integrated OKR management.
Profit is a business OKR programme that also includes task management, staff engagement, and employee development. Larger organisations may use this tool to define their business metrics and then roll out OKRs depending on this data. It aids in aligning all teams and tracking objectives and results throughout the whole organisation.
- Priorities, tasks, subtasks, connections, outcomes, employee engagement, and performance management are all interconnected.
- Real-time data and dashboards can help managers track the progress of their teams and spot potential problems early on.
Perdoo is an OKR management tool that helps you plan and see long-term goals. It keeps your team focused on the tasks that really matter, and at our weekly team standup, we track and talk about progress.
- The OKR roadmap to show the relationships between the various layers of OKRs (team and company ones)
- The projects or activities that are rolled up under each KR to achieve the desired result
- Create groups, manage users, and get group updates on a weekly basis.
Gtmhub bills itself as an outcomes orchestration solution with OKR and employee success management tools that enable firms to connect company, team, and individual goals with corporate objectives. In addition to setting and managing OKRs, the solution lets you manage tasks, get automatic updates on progress, manage feedback in real time, and show appreciation for your staff.
- Set adjustable Key Results deadlines to enable mid-session deadlines and award personnel.
- The whiteboard will be used to work in a common location and brainstorm ideas for future objectives.
15five is a performance management programme that combines OKR monitoring for simple communication and team alignment to the company’s goal. HR professionals love this app because it makes it easier for everyone in the company, from the CEO to each employee, to talk to each other.
- Key Advantages
- Individual OKRs and company-wide collaboration
- It is simple to share real-time comments on OKRs.
Koan is a free organisational alignment software platform that assists teams in jointly managing objectives and tracking progress. It offers OKRs, goal tracking, weekly reflections, and check-ins, all of which are based on the OKR principles.
- Share OKRs with your team, track actions, and determine the goal’s state (at risk, has issues, on track).
- Obtain an organization-wide consensus on team goals and their relevance to business objectives.
Mirro assists hybrid teams in connecting with their OKR activity stream by communicating corporate and team level OKR progress. Making it simple to view milestones and offer feedback should be evaluated at several levels.
- Organizational OKRs with cross-departmental alignment
- Excellent for important HR administrative tasks like feedback, performance reviews, and analysing how employees feel about their jobs.
ClickUp project management software assists in centralising corporate and team projects, objectives, and communications. Using their Goals tool, you can quickly define, visualize, and track OKRs over their allotted timeframe.
- Sharing OKR progress with others is simple (even outside of your organization).
- A single dashboard view that shows information about priorities, updates on project progress, and time monitoring.
This programme is ideal for businesses and teams who are new to OKRs. Quality onboarding, customer success managers, and OKR certifications are all available to help you. along with a lengthy number of tools to help with OKRs and weekly check-ins.
- Mind mapping and note-taking tools enable simple team collaboration while creating OKRs.
- OKRs and KPIs are used to track progress.
Peoplebox is ideal for small-scale companies interested in learning about the OKR technique. Setting cross-functional team goals and tracking them with automated reporting along the way to improve corporate culture
- Integration with Slack and Microsoft Teams is well-developed.
- excellent team-level OKR monitoring.
What exactly is OKR software?
OKR software is a specific tool for defining, discussing, tracking and assessing objectives and accomplishments inside enterprises. Management may simply define and track goals for teams and individuals using OKR software.
How does OKR software function?
OKR is a goal-setting framework that assists you in developing measurable objectives to propel your organisation forward. OKR is an acronym that stands for goals and key outcomes. The key results are the measurements that show how well you’re doing and how close you are to reaching your goals.
What is the difference between an OKR and a KPI?
OKR is a framework for goal-setting. There is an aim to be reached for each OKR, as well as a set of metrics that will quantify the success of that objective, known as key outcomes. KPIs identify the variables required for an organization’s performance.
Who makes use of OKR?
It helped Google’s expansion from 40 people to over 60,000 now. OKR is used by firms other than Google, such as Spotify, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Airbnb. However, the OKR system is not limited to digital businesses. OKR is also used by Walmart, Target, The Guardian, Dun & Bradstreet, and ING Bank.