Problems that lead to error messages like “printer driver is unavailable,” “a driver is unavailable,” or “hp printer driver is unavailable” occur when your computer fails to recognize the Canon Printer drivers. Not only this, if the printer driver is outdated or corrupted, too, but you also face problems if the printer driver unavailable. Therefore, to resolve the issues listed, you need to reinstall the printer driver.
Reinstalling might sound simple, but it isn’t. Those who have limited knowledge about the device face a lot of problems when looking for the right driver. Therefore, in this article, we will explain both manual and automatic methods to fix Canon printer driver is unavailable Windows 10 printer drivers. The simplest of all is undoubtedly the automatic method, as it doesn’t require you to do much work. You might encounter an error saying the driver is unavailable. The issue is common with HP.
How do I make my Canon printer drivers available? This is because either the HP printer drivers installed on your computer are corrupt, outdated, or not compatible. If you have turned off the automatic update feature on Windows, you might also see the same error as Windows won’t be able to download the updates automatically and it might further require manual input from the user. If you encounter this error, you won’t be able to use any file until you resolve it. In this article, we will show you the steps to fix printer driver is unavailable problem on Windows.
What are Printer Drivers?
The iP2600 drivers are unavailable. They are used to establish a connection between your hardware component and the operating system. It lets your operating system communicate with the device. In other words, the application calls the functions performed by the operating system, and the operating system calls the functions performed by the device using the HP printer drivers.
Just like your mouse, keyword, and networking devices, your printer also has drivers that help your operating system communicate with the external device. These are crucial for a smooth and uninterrupted link between both devices. If your drivers are corrupt, outdated, or facing any other issue, they won’t perform well, thus showing you an error like on your Windows system.
Method 1: Update Printer Driver
The error message that the Canon Printer drivers are unavailable occurs if you are running an outdated driver. You can update a driver by following the steps below:
- Type Device Manager in the Windows 10 search bar and click the search results.
- He will open the Device Manager window for you.
- Now look for the Canon Printer drivers and expand them.
- You’ll see the name of the printer you are using, right-click, and select Update Driver.
- In the subsequent window, click the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
How to fix “driver is unavailable” will now search for an update. If it is available, you will be notified. To install, follow the on-screen instructions, and restart the PC when prompted. How to fix a driver that is unavailable? Fix driver unavailable problems on Windows 10. If the problem still exists, let’s move to the next step.
Method 2: Install the latest version of Windows 10 on your computer.
Sometimes, Windows updates can be responsible for drivers being unavailable on printer error messages. Though automatic Windows updates take care of the problem, sometimes we need to check it manually and update Windows.
To check for a Windows 10 update manually, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings menu by pressing Windows + I.
- Choose the Update and Security options.
In the new Pantum printer driver unavailable, click on Check for updates. If an update is pending, you will see the Download option. Click on either of the alternatives whichever is available to update Windows.
Pantum printer driver unavailable will now start downloading pending updates. In case you get a low disk space message, you can fix it by following the steps explained in the earlier post. When prompted to restart the PC now try to print the document, the printer says the driver is unavailable error should now be resolved.
If this too did not help, move to the next technique.
Technique 3: Run SFC scan now
Another primary reason responsible for error messages on Windows 10 is corrupt or damaged system files Pantum printer driver unavailable. To fix it we can use Windows inbuilt utility SFC scannow. This will help fix corrupted files.
- Type Command Prompt in the Windows search bar.
- Right-click and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
Searching for a driver manually is like searching for a needle in a haystack. But to resolve the HP printer drivers that are unavailable on Windows 10, we need to do it.
- Type Device Manager in the search bar.
- Navigate to the Print queues option under the Device Manager window.
- Expand and right-click on the name of the printer > Updater driver.
- Select Browse my computer for the driver software option.
browse driver software
- Click “browser” > “navigate” to the location where you downloaded and saved the latest driver for the printer.
- Follow on-screen instructions to reinstall the printer driver.
To avoid facing any HP printer unavailable driver-related problems like , or driver unavailable on the printer, or printer says a driver is unavailable, try and follow these specific tips:
- Maintain the hard disk’s optimization
- Avoid installing any drivers or software from unknown sources.
- Install the driver from a genuine site or use reliable driver updater software.
Keep system drivers and Windows up to date. We hope you will keep these points in mind and that our guide will help provide a fix for the printer driver problem that is not available in the Windows 10.